Nursery Apprentice – Maidstone Nursery
Job Purpose and Accountability
The Apprentice is a key member of the early year’s team responsible for delivering high quality care and learning opportunities for children, based on the needs and interests of those children.
- Promote the health, safety and wellbeing of the children
- Support the children’s development, learning and play
- Contribute to the effectiveness of team work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourage and model appropriate behaviour and expectations
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Work with the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- Work in partnership with parents.
- Attend parent events and meetings as required.
- Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that where necessary follow child protection procedures
- Willingness to undertake formal level 2/3 early years qualification
- A recognised up to date 12 hour paediatric first aid qualification
- Able to have empathy and understand what it is like for a child in a nursery setting
- An understanding of issues regarding confidentiality and its importance in the early years setting.
- A basic understanding of legislative requirements for working with children
- Able to self-manage, be flexible and adaptable and embrace new ways of doing things.
- Be flexible and prepared to help in other areas of the nursery, with domestic duties, or duties which may be reasonably required of you, as identified by the Nursery Manager.