Upon returning to nursery, you and your little one will need to follow our safety measures for COVID-19, until restrictions are lifted. We have provided a helpful list to ensure both you and your child’s safety as well as the safety of our staff and the other children and families.
1. Please do not send your child/children into Nursery if they have a temperature of 37.8 degrees celsius or above. Children that develop a temperature during their session will need to be collected immediately and will need to stay at home for 10 days.
2. Please do not send your child/children into Nursery if they have a persistent cough or a new cough. Children that develop a cough during their session will need to be collected immediately and will need to stay at home for 10 days.
3. If one person in any household has a cough or fever, everyone living there must stay at home for 10 days.
4. Due to the new advice, if any child/children develop a cough or temperature, we will ask you to keep your child at home and follow the advice given.
5. If your child attends the setting and has a sibling or parent at home with symptoms, then they will also now need to be at home with their family for 10 days.
6. We are asking all essential visitors to use hand gel as you enter the nursery. These will be available at the reception areas.
7. We are asking all parents/carers to not enter the nursery at this time. Children are to be dropped off and collected at the designated areas either the main door or side entrance/gate, with staff to greet them for their session/handover at the end of the day. Parents and carers must adhere to social distancing of 2 metres while waiting to drop off/collect.
8. All visitors have been asked to not visit the nurseries, except Health Care professionals where necessary.
9. We have stopped all of our extra curricular activities and these will hopefully restart after Easter.
10. We have temporarily stopped show arounds, and we aim to start these again in line with the government’s road map in the next few months. If you would like to register your child at any of our settings, please contact the nursery via email or phone and more information can be given to you by the nursery manager.
11. We are cleaning the nursery regularly along with all toys and equipment to ensure germs are eliminated.
12. Hand washing procedures are of extremely high importance and all staff and children continue to regularly wash hands.
13. We have limited a few of our activities that we provide for the children, for example baking, to eliminate the risk of cross contamination.
14. Children will no longer be self-serving their food or cutting up their own fruit, to ensure that highest level of food hygiene is adhered to.
15. Parent’s evenings and open days have also been postponed.
We appreciate that these new measures may cause some inconvenience to parents, but during these uncertain times we must follow government advice, safeguard children and staff, and do everything we can to contain this disease.
Thank you and best wishes,
Townsend Montessori Nurseries